Strategic Solutions To Your Family Law Issues

Family dynamics are complicated, even when there is unity among family members. During a divorce or child custody dispute, communication and civility can break down entirely — precisely when they are needed the most.

We understand these problems, and our team is here to help you through this difficult time. At Zullinger-Davis-Trinh, P.C., our family lawyers offer full-service family law representation in Chambersburg and Shippensburg, PA, and surrounding areas. We are here to guide you through the wide range of legal issues your family may face as it changes.


We understand that divorce is a difficult time. In times of emotional volatility, it is all too easy to let intense feelings cloud your judgment. This can lead to lengthy legal battles that cost more time, money, and emotional energy than necessary. Our firm acts as your advocate, finding practical solutions to satisfy your needs and your family’s needs.

Divorce FAQs

What is the difference between divorce & separation?

A separation ends a relationship, but the marriage is still legal. A divorce legally dissolves a marriage between two parties.

Can I get divorced without going to court?

It is possible to get a divorce without going to court when both parties agree on a resolution to the marital estate.

How long does the divorce process take?

The time it takes for a divorce to be finalized depends on a number of factors. Contact our Chambersburg or Shippensburg offices today to learn more.

Fill out our Marital Intake Form and bring it to your scheduled consultation.


When it comes to custody, we take whatever approach is best for our clients and their children. In many cases, that means seeking amicable resolutions rooted in negotiation and compromise. It means steering clients away from strategies and arguments that will likely be a waste of their time and money.

With that being said, our attorneys have extensive courtroom experience, and we will not hesitate to use it when necessary. If your spouse or co-parent cannot or will not negotiate a custody agreement in good faith, our firm is prepared to vigorously fight for your interests through litigation.

Custody FAQs

How is custody decided?

Many factors are considered when deciding who gets custody of a child. Contact our Chambersburg or Shippensburg offices today to learn more.

Why do I need a lawyer when deciding custody?

Even if you have a great relationship with your co-parent, it is still a good idea to have a lawyer on your side. With something this serious, you want to make sure that you have a solid agreement in place to protect your child now and in the future.

Fill out our Custody Intake Form and bring it to your scheduled consultation.


Adoption is often an exciting but emotional time in a person’s life. Our family attorneys are in your corner. We will review and draft the paperwork you need for an adoption to run smoothly, so you can focus on what matters most, your family.

Adoption FAQs

Can my spouse as a step-parent adopt my child?

When your child’s other parent does not exercise custody or share in any parenting responsibilities and you have remarried, you and your new spouse may wish to pursue a stepparent adoption. With this arrangement, the other parent can either consent to legally terminate his or her parental rights or you will need to establish grounds to involuntarily terminate that parent’s rights so that your spouse can become your child’s legal parent.

How much does adoption cost?

The cost of adoption varies from case to case. If you would like to learn more about the legal fees for adoption, please contact our Chambersburg office or Shippensburg office.

Prenuptial Agreements

If you are getting married, you may want to have a prenuptial agreement. This agreement determines how assets are divided and if alimony is an option should your marriage end in the future. We will help you prepare an agreement that considers your best interests in the event of the dissolution of your marriage in order to stream-line and simplify your divorce while protecting your assets.

Prenuptial Agreements FAQs

Why should I get a prenuptial agreement?

There are many benefits to signing a prenuptial agreement. Not only does it protect your assets, but it can also help you avoid timely and costly divorce proceedings down the road.

Adult & Minor Name Change

In an effort to facilitate a fresh start in life or in order to legalize an alias name, adults or parents of a minor can petition the Court of Common Pleas to obtain a name change. The name change process can be somewhat complex to those unfamiliar with the process so it is best to have an experienced attorney assist with the process in order to ensure that the change of name is completed correctly.

Name Change FAQs

Can I change my name back to my maiden name after a divorce?

Yes. If you are divorced and would like to change your name back to your maiden name, we can help you fill out the proper paperwork to get the job done.

Will I need to change my name if I assumed my maiden name as my middle name after I got married?

In order to obtain a Pennsylvania Real ID, you must be able to show a complete name change history that links your birth certificate name to your current name. If you informally assumed your maiden name as your middle name after you got married, you will need to file a petition for a change of name in order to obtain a court order making this change legal. Our attorneys have extensive experience in name changes for this very reason and would be happy to assist you in this process.

What does a parent need to prove in order to change a minor’s name?

The judicial standard for changing the name of a minor is “the best interest of the child.” A parent or guardian who is seeking to change the name of a child must prove that the name change is in the best interest of the child.